Winter Skills Course: Terms and conditions
The Winter Skills courses are subject to our terms and conditions. By proceeding with a booking and attending one of our events you agree that these terms and conditions will apply.
Covid-19 safety measures
As this is an activity undertaken outdoors, the risks of contracting Covid-19 are reduced. Numbers of participants will remain at 6 per group course and all hire equipment will be sanitised after use.
Participants must not attend a course if they have any symptoms of Covid-19. Anyone who cannot attend because they are exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms, are awaiting the result of a test, or have a positive diagnosis will be offered an alternative date.
Each participant will have their temperature taken on arrival on the day of the course. Anyone registering a temperature in excess of 38 degrees Celsius will be excluded from the course and asked to leave. They will be offered an alternative date.
If you accept the offer of an alternative date, we will transfer your booking to another Winter Skills Course to be taken by Easter 2021. If you do not accept the offer of an alternative date, we will only be able to provide you with a refund upon receipt of a doctor’s certificate.
In the event of changes to Government guidance that affects the running of a winter skills course, we will offer a full refund to those participants affected.
These courses are delivered by our Fell Top Assessor(s), who are contracted to deliver these sessions on behalf of the Lake District National Park Authority. Booking is through our Benveno online booking system or by calling our contact centre on 01539 792605.
The following terms and conditions also apply to these sessions:
- Although all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the safety of people participating in our events, individuals do so at their own risk. Hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.
- Winter skills courses are open to over 18s only. No one under the age of 18 will be accepted onto a course. The Fell Top Assessor(s) have been instructed to ask for proof of age if they suspect an attendee is under 18.
- All participants must abide by instructions issued by the course leader, including health and safety instructions. Anyone failing to abide by these instructions may be asked to leave the event if, in the opinion of the leader, their actions could endanger anyone in the group.
- If anyone leaves an event before the finish, either by agreement or having been asked to, the leader's duty of care will cease at that point.
- We reserve the right to alter or cancel an event if it is not safe to proceed. This is most likely in the event of extreme weather conditions.
- We reserve the right to exclude participants if they are deemed by the leader not to be adequately prepared. Please check event details, which will state if suitable clothing is advised or required - particularly in relation to footwear and clothing. Please ensure you have enough food and drink for the type and duration of the activity.
- We reserve the right to refuse participation if it is considered a person's conduct puts either themselves or others in danger. We accept no responsibility for personal property that may be lost or damaged during the event.
- The event leader needs to determine, as far as possible, that participants are physically and mentally fit for that particular event.
- By attending the event you accept that the leader will ask you to declare, in confidence, any relevant medical information that may affect your performance.
- Covid-19 safety measures – all participants will have their temperature taken on arrival on the day of the course. Any participant registering a temperature in excess of 38 degrees Celsius will be excluded from the course. An alternative course date will be offered in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Attendance on events
- Maximum numbers apply to all events for health and safety reasons and group enjoyment.
- Bookings are taken directly through our Benveno booking website.
- You will be issued with a booking reference which you will need to present to the leader on the day.
- Your credit or debit card details will be requested to purchase your ticket(s).
- Your credit or debit card details will be requested to complete your purchase and a "print-at-home" ticket will be generated.
In the event that there is a lack of snow or snow conditions are deteriorating, a course will continue with a mountaineering day. The day will provide the opportunity to experience a day in the mountains with our highly skilled and qualified Fell Top Assessor(s).
In the event of adverse weather our Fell Top Assessor(s) will make a decision on the day as to whether the event will proceed or an alternative be offered. Their decision is final.
Cancellation by us
If we need to cancel the course we will offer you a full refund (if applicable) or with your consent, transfer your booking to another Winter Skills Course to be taken by Easter 2021.
Cancellation by you
Exchanges and refunds: If you inform us at least 14 days before your course, we will be happy to transfer your booking onto another suitable Winter Skills Course or hold a credit for you against a future booking until Easter 2021.
We regret that we are unable to give refunds unless the course is cancelled by the Lake District National Park Authority.