#summitsafely week 5: Win a Winter Skills Day Course
Image courtesy of Grough.co.uk
It's week 5 of the 20 week #summitsafely campaign. This week's theme is about ensuring you select a route suitable for the conditions, your equipment and ability.
If you want to get out there this winter but need to learn the basic winter skills our very own Fell Top Assessor, Graham Uney, runs a series of one day winter skills courses. The courses start in January through to April 2017.
We are giving you the chance to win a free spot on one of our Winter Skills Day Courses this year. To win, we want to see your Christmas and New Year #lakes pictures. What #summitsafely adventures have you been on? All you have to do is retweet and share your pictures to @lakesweather using the hashtag #summitsafely to be in with a chance of winning. The free prize draw closes Friday 6th January 2017.
Not heard what #summitsafely is all about yet? Well, during our Fell Top Assessors season (December - April) which runs for 20 weeks we are sharing top tips for reaching a summit safely and to help you on your way we are giving goodies away each week. So stay tuned to @lakesweather to find out more each week.
Full terms and conditions
- The promoter and prize is Lake District National Park Authority (LDNPA), whose offices are at Murley Moss, Oxenholme Road, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7RL.
- There is one prize for one adult on the Winter Skills Day course, must be taken by April 2017 and subject to availability.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for the Lake District National Park/Brockhole, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- The winner must provide postal address, be physical fit to attend the course and have own outdoor clothing as list here
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.Only one entry is permitted per person.Competition entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are provided @lakesweather
- Closing date for entry will be 16.00 6th January 2017. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice if something should happen outside of the promoter's control.
- Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid competition entries.The winner will be notified by twitter within 28 days of the closing date.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Should the winner be unable to take the prize, the prize will be passed to the second drawn entrant.
- Once a date has been chosen by the winner these are non-transferable and no alternative dates can be offered.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
- By entering this competition, you will also be subscribing to the Lake District National Park database. You may unsubscribe from newsletters at any time by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' option within the newsletter, however unsubscribing before the competition closing date, will disqualify your entry.
- Contact details for the winner will be passed on to the prize provider so that they can notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / redeemed.
- The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.The prize winner agrees (as a condition of accepting the prize) to the use of his / her name, county of residence (if such prize winner is resident within the UK) or country of residence (if such prize winner is resident outside the UK) and one or more photograph of themselves in any publicity material and to co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-competition publicity.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
- The winners' names will be available on our website www.lakeweatherline.co.uk or 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Lake District National Park Authority, Murley Moss, Oxenholme Road, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7RL.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- You are providing your information to LDNPA and not to any other party.Anyone who is a) an employee of either LDNPA or b) a family members of such an employee will not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Date: 05 Jan 2017