Guided Walk: Wordsworth's Hawkshead
17 April 2020
Discover Wordsworth's Hawkshead and learn about one of England's finest Romantic poets. A joint walk with Wordsworth Grasmere. Participants on this walk will receive a voucher for discounted entry to Dove Cottage, gardens and museum, valid for two weeks.
- Starts from: Hawkshead LDNP car park at 10:30 am
- see start point descriptions here.
- Postcode: LA22 ONT
- Price: Adult £5, child free.
- Length: 2.5 km, 1.5 miles
- Total ascent: 42 m (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Highest point: 87 m
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Grade: Easy
- Grade description
A walk is graded based on a combination of length, duration, terrain, total ascent and highest point.Short walks of 4 – 7 km (2.5 – 4.5 miles) on level ground going at a leisurely pace. Usually suitable for pushchairs (may need to lift over small obstructions).
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
What to wear
- Footwear: Sensible shoes or boots and walking sandals are acceptable. Flip-flops are not suitable on any of our routes.
- Waterproof jacket, even in summer it can get cold.
- A warm top
- Hat, gloves and sun protection
- Enough food and drink for the type and duration of the activity
- Don't forget any personal medication
- Refunds will not apply if you are inappropriately dressed and equipped.
For more details check our list of what to wear and bring. There’s more information in our FAQs to help make the most of your time.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
Caring for our National Park
Our guided walks are delivered by dedicated, trained and committed volunteers.
Donating to the Lake District Foundation helps to care for the Lake District National Park.