Guided Walk: Two Hilltop Tarns and a Craggy Wood
© Dave King
22 October 2019
A scenic walk, climbing through Craggy Woods and out onto the fells to visit Potter Tarn and Gurnal Dubbs.
- Starts from: Wilf's Café, Mill Yard, Staveley at 10:30 am
see start point descriptions here.
- Postcode: LA8 9LR
- Price: Adult £5, child free
- Parking charges apply
- Length: 11.5 km, 7.1 miles
- Total ascent: 391 m (cumulative height from start point to finish point).
- Highest point: 298 m
- Duration: 5.0 hours
- Grade: Moderate
- Grade description: Medium walks of 5 – 15 km (3 – 9 miles). On hilly ground with often rough and uneven terrain and occasional steep gradients. A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
Caring for our National Park
Our guided walks are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers.
Donating to the Lake District Foundation helps to care for the Lake District National Park.