Guided Walk: Autumn Walk Above Derwent Water
21 October 2019
Stunning autumn colours on this easy, family walk through Great Wood to Ashness Bridge and the lake shore. Short stop for tea and a talk at Barrow House. Joint walk with the National Trust.
- Starts from: Great Wood NT car park at 10:30 am
see start point descriptions here.
- Price: Free, donations welcome
- Parking charges apply
- Length: 4.0 km, 2.4 miles
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Grade: Easy plus
- Grade description: Short walks of 4 – 10 km (2.5 – 6 miles). Paths may be rough and uneven with some short ascents and descents.
- Well behaved dogs on leads and guide dogs are welcome.
If we have to cancel a walk we will post a notice of cancellation on the listing.
Please, note terms and conditions apply.
Caring for our National Park
Our guided walks are delivered by dedicated and committed volunteers.
Donating to the Lake District Foundation helps to care for the Lake District National Park.